Shamita Shetty (born: February 2, 1979) is a popular Indian actress, model, and Internet celebrity who hails from Cheimbur, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She is commonly known for doing a famous Item song – “Sharara Sharara” for the movie – Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai. Her nickname is Tunki.
She saw her sister Shilpa Shetty as an idol and want to become an actress. As she did some movies in her career. but, the majority of them flopped.
Through this article, you will get to know about Shamita Shetty Biography, Lifestyle, Net worth, Relationship, House, Cars, Wikipedia, Income, Wiki, Facts, Biodata, Boyfriend, Husband & much more
Shamita Shetty Biography
|Full name||Shamita Shetty|
|Profession||Indian actress, model, and Internet celebrity|
|Got fame from||for doing a famous Item song – “Sharara Sharara”|
Shamita Shetty was born on February 2, 1979, in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. she is 42 years old (as of 2021). Currently, she owned a house in Bandra, Mumbai, and lived there with her mother.
She went to the Saint Anthony Girl School, Mumbai for completing her schooling. she pursued Diploma in Fashion Designing from SNDT Womens’ College, Mumbai. In 2015, she went to Inchbald School of Design, London for doing an Interior design course.
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1979|
|Age (As in 2021)||42 years old|
|Hometown||Cheimbur, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Currently living||Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Saint Anthony Girl School, Mumbai|
|College||SNDT Womens’ College, Mumbai|
|Education Qualification||Diploma in Fashion Designing|
Family & Relationship
Shamita Shetty was born in a well-to-do family. Her father late Surendra Shetty was a businessman, her mother Sunanda Shetty is a Film Producer and her sister Shilpa Shetty is a popular Indian actress.
There is news roaming around that she dated actor Harman Baweja. Later, they broke up.
She falls in love with actor Raqesh Bapat during the BiggBoss OTT and starts dating each other.
She didn’t marry yet as we will update his husband’s name whenever she got married.
|Father||late Surendra Shetty, Businessman|
|Mother||Sunanda Shetty, Film Producer|
|Sister||Shilpa Shetty, actress|
|Boyfriend (bf)||Harman Baweja, Actor|
Raqesh Bapat, Actor
Shamita Shetty maintains a lean body. Her weight is 54 kg, height is 5 feet 4 inches and her hair color is Black & Brown. Her Eye color is Light Brown. she didn’t ink any tattoo on his body.
|Weight||In Kilogram – 54 kg |
In Pounds – 119 lbs
|Height||In Centimeter – 162 cm|
In Meter – 1.62 m
In feet Inches – 5’4’
|Hair Color||Black & Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
- Shamita Shetty participated in BiggBoss-3 as a contestant, but she left the show in middle however she wants to attend her sister Shilpa Shetty’s wedding. As the audience calls her unprofessional for these.
- A video went viral in which a fan of Shamita Shetty wants a selfie, but Shamita misbehaved with her and asked her for leave. Later, the video went viral on twitter and people bashed her by calling her arrogant. After that Shamita gave reason that she was rushed for an event, she didn’t did it intentionally.
- In an Interview, she reveals that she herself lost the path because of a serious relationship as she refuses many good films. Later, she realized she made a big mistake as the industry people called her arrogant for these.
- She gave back to back flop as nobody wants to cast her for lead in a Big Projects. Later, she herself switch her career from being an actress to Interior designer.
Shamita Shetty’s debut in Bollywood with the Shahrukh Khan starrer movie Mohabattein (2000) in which she plays the character “Ishika Dhanrajgir” who is Uday Chopra love interest in the movie. The movie breaks all the records at that time.
She debuted on television with the famous tv reality show BiggBoss-3 in the year 2009. Now, she entered again in BiggBoss OTT & BiggBoss 15 as a contestant.
In the year 2011, she takes a break from Bollywood and start learning about Interior & fashion designing. She did an internship at the famous Manish Malhotra studio for some time to learn a bit about it.
Shamita Shetty Popular Works
|Mohabbatein||A Popular multi-star cast movie starring Shahrukh khan.|
|Black Widows||A Zee5 original web series.|
|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8||Being 2nd runner-up of the show.|
|Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9||Being 3rd runner-up of the show.|
|Bigg Boss OTT||Being 2nd runner-up of the show.|
|Bigg Boss 15||Participate as a contestant|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Sri Devi|
|Favorite Color||Blue & Black|
|Favorite brand||Bobby Brown|
|Favorite Beverages||Green Tea|
|Favorite Athlete||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Restaurant||Hakkassan, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Traveling and Reading Novels|
Shamita Shetty Net worth
Her Net worth/income is 26 crore. she charged 60-65 lakhs for a movie. She not only earns money from movies, but she also had her own interior designing company named “Golden Leaf”.
|Net worth||26 crore|
|Movies||60-65 lakhs per movie|
Shamita Shetty didn’t smoke cigarettes as she drinks alcohol at parties and on special occasions.
|Is she smoke?||No|
|Is she drink alcohol?||Yes|
Shamita Shetty Car
She owns a Blue colored BMW x1 series car which she used for traveling throughout Mumbai.
|Car||Blue colored BMW x1|
She won the IIFA award for best female debut in the movie “Mohabbatein”.
|IIFA award||Best debut in movie Mohabbatein|
- Shamita Shetty was born into a middle-class family as his father Surendra Shetty and mother Sunanda Shetty’s pharmaceutical company manufactures tamper-proof water caps.
- Her childhood dream to become an actress as she saw her Shilpa Shetty as her role model.
- She had a great bond with her sister Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra. as she seen frequently partying with them.
- Despite being a very good dancer, she missed out on winning Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and ended up as the second runner up. The show is won by Faisal khan.
- Her father passed away on October 11, 2016 after suffering a heart attack.
- Currently, she runs a company called Golden Leaf Interiors that specializes in pub and hotel interiors.
- Shamita Shetty didn’t want to get married soon, so in an interview, she said:
I was searching for someone special, Marriage for me is Lifelong connection and I don’t want to do mistake selecting wrong man. If I didn’t find anyone, I can stay single for rest of my life.
- Being a fitness freak as she hits gym regularly and doing yoga sessions with her sister Shilpa Shetty.
- She endorsed several popular brands like Lakme, Aashirwaad creations, pantene, Aldo etc.
- Being part of some of the popular web series – The Tenant, Yo Ke Hua Bro, Black Widow. She made her leg strong in OTT platform as well.
- Here is a fun video of Shamita Shetty.