Mandira Bedi is a popular Indian model, actress, cricket commenter, and lifestyle Influencer, who is commonly known for the serial Kyunki saas bhi Kabhi bahu thi, in which she played the negative character of a doctor. Her nickname is Mandie.
Mandira Bedi biography
|Full name||Mandira Bedi|
|Profession||Indian model, actress, cricket commenter, and lifestyle Influencer|
|Got Fame from||for the serial Kyunki saas bhi Kabhi bahu thi, in which she played the negative character of a doctor.|
Mandira Bedi was born on April 15, 1972, in Calcutta, West Bengal, India. Currently, she lived with her family in his Mumbai-situated house.
She went to The Cathedral and John Connan School, Mumbai where she completed her schooling. After that, she went to Saint Xavier College, Mumbai to complete her education.
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1972|
|Age (As in 2021)||49 years old|
|Zodiac sign||Aries (Mesh)|
|Hometown||Calcutta, West Bengal, India|
|Currently living||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Cathedral and John Connan School, Mumbai|
|College||1. Saint Xavier College, Mumbai.|
2. Sophia Polytechnic College, Mumbai
|Education Qualification||Degree in Fashion designing|
Family & Relationship
Mandira Bedi was born into a well-to-do family. Her father Virendra Singh Bedi is a businessman, her mother Gita Bedi is a homemaker, and her elder brother is an investment banker.
Mandira Bedi was dated Producer & director Raj Kaushal for a very long time & got married to him. She has 2 kids – Tara Kaushal & Veer Kaushal.
|Father||Virendra Singh Bedi, Businessman|
|Mother||Gita Bedi, Homemaker|
|Brother||Not publicly avail, Investment banker|
|Boyfriend||Raj Kaushal, Producer & director|
|Husband||Raj Kaushal, Producer & director|
|Children||Son – Veer Kaushal|
Daughter – Tara Kaushal
She is a fitness freak and did yoga & weight lifting sessions regularly. Her weight is 53 kg, height is 5 feet 5 inch and her hair color is originally black. Her Eye color is brown. she inks 2 tattoos on her body.
- Om tattoo on her belly.
- Wings Tattoo on her Back.
|Weight||In Kilogram – 53 kg |
In Pounds – 116 lbs
|Height||In Centimeter – 167 cm|
In Meter – 1.67 m
In feet Inches – 5’6’
Mandira Bedi started her career by doing Doordarshan famous show – Shanti (1994). The show is very popular. After, that she did several popular tv shows.
|Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi||starring Smriti Irani presented on Star Plus. Mandira playing the character of a doctor.|
|Indian Idol Junior||Anchor|
|Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi||Playing police officer|
|Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star||Indian Singing Reality show. Mandira host the show.|
|CID||Playing police officer|
She debuted in Bollywood with the movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995). As her films are not doing good business.
Mandira Bedi Controversy
- Mandira Bedi’s statement put the people in shock when she said the casting couch happened with those actresses who were ready to do compromise. I never faced it working around 25 years in the Bollywood industry. On this people trolled her on social media.
- Mandira is trolled for her bold look as she wears a saree printed flags of different countries and Indian flag prints come on her feet. which is noticed by the people and slammed her for disrespecting the national flag. Later, Mandira apologize and had said it was unintentional.
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Kareena Kapoor Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Preity Zinta|
|Favorite Movie||Mohabbatein, 3 Idiots|
|Favorite Food||Pizza & Scrumble eggs|
|Favorite Athlete||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Restaurant||Hakassan Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Traveling and Gymming|
Her Net worth/income is 83 crore. She charged 3 lakh per episode for hosting the show. She earns money from tv shows, movies, and brand endorsements, fashion designer business & real estate investments through which she made a good amount of income.
|Net worth||83 crore|
|tv show||3 lakh per episode|
She didn’t smoke cigarettes as she drinks alcohol occasionally at parties and special occasions.
|Is she smoke?||No|
|Is she drink alcohol?||Yes|
Mandira Bedi Car
She owns a blue color Tata Nexon EV car which she used for traveling throughout Mumbai.
|Car||blue color Tata Nexon EV car|
Mandira Bedi Interesting facts
- Mandira got married to Raj Kaushal in the year 1999, who is a producer and executive director. She had two kids Veer and Tara. Tara is adopted from the Central Resource adoption authority at the age of 4.
- She is a fitness freak and regularly doing gym sessions. She maintained her body really well just like an athlete.
- She was among the top designer in Lakme fashion week. her saree collection is praised by everyone.
- Mandira Bedi debut on Tv with the serial Shanti in 1994, the first serial of Doordarshan. also, she debuted with the movie – Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge in 1995, which is very popular.
- She is the brand ambassador of PETA for promoting artificial leather and ban animal leather for making makeup and accessories.
- She turned down to vegan from being non-vegetarian.
- She got recognized for commentating in Extra Innings cricket matches.
- She was seen acted in her husband’s movie – Shaadi ka laddoo and Dus Kahaniyaa.
- She won awards for Vogue women of the year and Health Icon of the year.
- She ran her own Saree brand named – Mandira Designs located at Khar Road, Mumbai. However, it is not that successful so she closed it down.
- Mandira Bedi wrote book on her life experiences named it – Happy For No Reason
- Mandira Bedi is an entrepreneur as she invested in Sagoon India, which is a USA-based gift and coupon company.
- She is brand ambassador of Vivafit India, MevoFit fitness watch and MyProtein supplement.
- Mandira Bedi lost her husband on 30 June 2021 due to heart attack.
Google Most Asked Questions
Mandira Bedi follows a healthy lifestyle all year round. She only ate homemade food and exercise daily. She drinks Apple cider vinegar with water in the morning and after the gym session, she takes a Myprotein shake. Her diet includes lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, and Muesli.
Mandira Bedi is posting her fitness regimes and workout routine on her social media. She currently shakes hands with Myprotein and MevoFit fitness watch to make India more aware of fitness. She keeps posted her pictures and videos on social media.
No, she is not a cricketer. She presented and taking interviews with cricketers in between the matches.